Pre-sessional English Language Courses
Applications for Summer Pre-sessional 2015 will open in January 2015.
- Long Pre-Sessional - application deadline: 11am on 15 May
- Medium Pre-Sessional - application deadline: 11am on 19 June
- Short Pre-Sessional - application deadline: 11am on 24 July
Applications for Autumn Pre-sessional 2015 will open in May 2015.
- Medium Pre-Sessional - application deadline: to be confirmed
- Short Pre-Sessional - application deadline: to be confirmed
For more details please visit How to apply.
Kingston University's Pre-sessional English language courses will develop your English language skills; preparing you for your chosen course at the University. We offer a varied and stimulating academic experience and are committed to helping you successfully complete the course.
Our courses will:
- develop your academic English language skills so that you become more confident in your use of English and can participate fully on your chosen university programme;
- develop the study skills you need at university;
- develop your independence as a learner, which is an important skill for studying at British universities; and
- introduce you to the University, Kingston and the surrounding area, helping you to settle in to your new environment.
If you go on to study at Kingston University, tutors will recommend free English classes available throughout the academic year as part of the English Language Development Programme.
Who are the courses for?
The courses are designed for international and European Union students who want to improve their English language skills and familiarize themselves with studying at university before starting studies at Kingston or another university.
- students who have already met their main course English language requirement but wish to prepare for university study;
- students who do not meet the English language entry requirements for their chosen foundation, undergraduate, pre-masters or postgraduate course;
- students joining Kingston University as part of an exchange programme (eg Erasmus or Study Abroad); and
- students planning to study at another British university.
Our Pre-Sessional course is accredited by the British Association of Lecturers in English for Academic Purposes (BALEAP) which sets rigorous criteria to ensure that courses in English Language and Study Skills for speakers of other languages are of a high standard and provide an excellent quality of service for their students.
Summer Pre-Sessional course
We offer long, medium and short programmes during the summer for all students.
Autumn Pre-Sessional course
We offer medium and short programmes for students going onto postgraduate study.
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Kingston upon Thames
Tel: +44 (0)20 8417 7042
Tel: +44 (0)20 8417 7790