Pre-Sessional English Language Courses
Applications for Summer Pre-Sessional 2013 are open.
- 10 week course - application closing date: 24 June
- 5 week course - application closing date: 29 August
Applications for Autumn Pre-Sessional 2013 are open.
- 10 week course - application closing date: 30 September
- 5 week course - application closing date: 4 November
For more details please visit How to apply.
Kingston University's Pre-Sessional English language courses will develop your English language skills; preparing you for your chosen course at the University. We offer a varied and stimulating academic experience and are committed to helping you successfully complete the course.
Our courses will:
- develop your academic English language skills so that you become more confident in your use of English and can participate fully on your chosen university programme;
- develop the study skills you need at university;
- develop your independence as a learner, which is an important skill for studying at British universities; and
- introduce you to the University, Kingston and the surrounding area, helping you to settle in to your new environment.
If you go on to study at Kingston University, tutors will recommend free English classes available throughout the academic year as part of the English Language Development Programme.
Who are the courses for?
The courses are designed for international and European Union students who want to improve their English language skills and familiarise themselves with studying at university before starting studies at Kingston or another university. This includes:
- students who have already met their main course English language requirement but wish to prepare for university study;
- students who do not meet the English language entry requirements for their chosen foundation, undergraduate, pre-masters or postgraduate course;
- students joining Kingston University as part of an exchange programme (eg Erasmus or Study Abroad); and
- students planning to study at another British university.
Summer Pre-Sessional course
We offer 15, 10 and 5 week programmes during the summer for all students
Our Summer Pre-Sessional course is accredited by the British Association of Lecturers in English for Academic Purposes (BALEAP) which sets rigorous criteria to ensure that courses in English Language and Study Skills for speakers of other languages are of a high standard and provide an excellent quality of service for their students.
Autumn Pre-Sessional course
We offer 10 and 5 week Autumn Pre-Sessional Courses for students going onto postgraduate study.