PERG encourages PhD applications in Political Economy and heterodox economics with a particular interest in the following areas:
- The crisis 2007-? and its origins
- Foundations, traditions, and controversies in political economy
- Capitalism, labour relations, and institutions
- Political economy of financialisation and corporate governance
- Capital accumulation, income distribution, effective demand and employment
- Socialism: planning, justice and policy
More information about the types of research degrees offered by the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences can be found here. Candidates must be aware of the PhD application guidelines and of the fees involved. Announcement about scholarships and/or bursaries to support research can be found here.
Students are encouraged to send draft proposals to prospective supervisors (this is the list of PERG members).