The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences is one of the most research-intensive parts of Kingston University with a plethora of research projects and an energetic research culture. A wide range of opportunities are also offered to engage in individual research leading to degrees of Doctor of Philosophy or Masters by Research.
The Faculty supports several research areas which help to focus and stimulate research.
- Institute of Social Science
- Kingston Writing School
- London Graduate School
- Practice Research Unit
- Cultural Histories @ Kingston - NEW
- Criminology and Sociology
- English Literature and Creative Writing
- Film and Television
- Helen Bamber Centre for the Study of Conflict, Rights and Mass Violence
Research ideas and proposals
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. Proposals are welcomed on any subject and will be given full consideration by the Faculty.
For more information on any aspect of research in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, please contact:Research Administrator
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Kingston upon Thames
Tel: +44 (0)20 8417 2304
Fax: +44 (0)20 8417 2292
- Iris Murdoch and Philippa Foot: an Arc of Friendship
Exhibition at the Kingston Museum Gallery run the Centre for Iris Murdoch Studies
News - 03 May 2013 to 25 May 2013
- New Research: PLUS preschool number learning scheme
Dr Jo Van Herwegen and Dr Claudia Uller have designed games that support guessing and matching of large numbers in preschool children.
News - 22 May 2013 to 29 June 2013
- CRMEP Annual Graduate Conference 2013
Materiality/Immateriality Philosophy and the Outside II: call for papers - deadline for abstracts 30th April 2013
Call for papers - 04 June 2013, 10:00am to 04 June 2013, 6:00pm
- Kingston Connections
A new collaboration between Kingston University, the Royal Borough of Kingston, The Rose Theatre and Creative Youth.
News - 22 June 2013 to 29 June 2013, 11:59pm
- Vitalism or Voluntarism?
Lecture by Peter Hallward
Lecture - 30 May 2013, 6:00pm to 30 May 2013, 8:00pm
- Writings… Launch
Reading - 30 May 2013, 7:00pm
- Walter Benjamin, Pedagogy and the Politics of Youth
Two-day conference in collaboration with the Institute for Modern and Contemporary Culture
Conference - 31 May 2013, 2:00pm to 01 June 2013, 6:00pm
- Athens Creative Writing Summer School
Creative Writing in partnership with the British Council
Short course - 17 June 2013 to 13 July 2013
- Pedagogy and Practice: Writing and Higher Education
Kingston Writing School 1st International Conference
Conference - 10 July 2013
- An Introduction to Post Keynesian Economics and Political Economy
A three-day collaboration between PKSG and PERG
Conference - 11 July 2013, 9:00am to 13 July 2013, 5:00pm